In our last post we told you about the benefits of installing custom comment management and moderation system for your blog. In this post we will tell you how to about installing IntenseDebate on your blog.
It is very easy to setup IntenseDebate as they proclaim in 3 easy steps. Just like WordPress 5 Minute installation.
Recently we decided to pump up the comment section of our blog. The comment section is one section which really needs attention in case of blogs. Without comments your blog is dormant. So the more you make it easy for your readers to comment, the more your blog comes to life. Comments also increases pageviews for your blog, by bringing back the readers which previously commented and have subscribed by email to the future comments in that post. Comments are very necessary to build engagement of users around your content. Most of the blogs today don’t use the default commenting system of wordpress for this reason only, that it is cumbersome for users to enter their details all over again to comment. Continue reading
The android world is still waiting for official wordpress app for android. WordPress app is already available for iPhone and Blackberry users. But android platform users still have a option to blog from their androids till the official wordpress app is available for it. WptoGo is one such application which is available for users who want to blog from their GPhones. Latest version is 1.9.0.
Some features of this WptoGo include:
- Upload new post including title, content, tags and multiple categories with multiple wordpress accounts
- Upload images from your device
- Customizable image thumbnail sizing
- Local drafts
- Comment Moderation and Notifciations
WordPress 2.9 is now available for download. It was launched on 18th December. It is named as “Carmen”. You can either upgrade you wordpress to this version or you can download it from WordPress 2.9 download and install it. I am pretty late at telling Tech2view.com readers about this download, but better late then never. It also my first post for 2010.
Wordpress Image Editing Panel
Some of the main features that it is equipped with:
- Inbuilt Image Editing – This version of wordpress has introduced the wordpress inbuild image editing tool with capabilities like cropping, scaling and rotating.
- Global undo/”trash” feature – It helps you pull back those deleted posts and pages.
- Batch plugin update and compatibility checking – As the name suggests it will update each and every outdated plugin you have added to your self hosted wordpress blog. It will also check for backward and forward compatibility checks while updating plugin, saving you time for writing blog posts.
- Easier video embeds – It allows you to embed videos easily onto your blog posts, you now only have to copy/paste video link. no need of embed code. It currently supports video sharing sites like YouTube, Daily Motion, Blip.tv, Flickr, Hulu, Viddler, Qik, Revision3, Scribd, Google Video, Photobucket, PollDaddy, and WordPress.tv . Continue reading
Adding Author Bio or Author info. to a post always is a plus point in the multi-author and single author blogs. Showing this kind of detail at the end of every post will make you visitors know more about you and help them to be in contact with you.
I have been looking around for a way to put the Author Bio information at the end of the every post. I was searching for the plugins but couldn’t able to find the plugin after some random search. I am sure there will be a plugin to do this.
So I looked for a work around for this, a hack basically. I found this hack to be really simple. You can Add the Author Info. and the Gravatar with this hack.
These are some steps to follow:
- Under the Users section go to Your Profile Users>>Your Profile.
- Having done that add the Some info. about the author and update.
- Now go to the Theme Editor and open Single.php Continue reading
I was out of blogging for some days,now it was some or I might call it many back-end issues and personal issues which were keeping me Busy.
So I should throw some light on what were these issues.
First,I was Attacked by some malicious robots (scripts) which traverse the web automatically to find sites which are potential targets for them.
After they find out their potential targets they just attack those sites with anything like malicious or spammy links which they hide on your site so that they are not visible to you (invisible text) or your visitors but they are definitly visible to search engines.
More Details about the type of attacks can be found out here
These spammy links provide them with the link juice of the web site which is attacked because these links are .
I should show you some example of what are these links like:
These spam links may be hidden anywhere on your site mainly footers and headers and blog posts.
So why all this happened to my website???
It is due to the file permissions which were set to 775 by me due to some reasons.Not getting into the details now.
In the period of this Aftermath which started at 25th June and ended on 15th July my SERP’s in google and other search engines dropped considerably and traffic was next to null ,because google and any other search engine don’t allow such sites to rank in their results.
It was kind of a Dampening effect on me as I was giving regular updates and there was no traffic.That was another reason why I was out of blogging for a while. As I believer of the saying “Give regular updates, Get regular Traffic”.
Then I came across a post by blogger who faced the similar issues for
blog.digitalbackcountry.com which came as a relief that its not only I who is experiencing such attacks.
I removed those spam links by detecting each and every part of the scripts working for my blog and removed those link spam and installed some wordpress security plugins which automatically detects for such intrusions and resolve the same.
- Second I was changing my host for Tech2view.com to better godaddy servers which was previously hosted on zz60.net servers.
Why this decision ???
- The zz60 servers were contantly down for some weeks due to some DDOS attacks which they were experiencing and were unable to rectify those.
- Second some of my wp scripts were not functioning correctly with the hosting of zz60.
Thanks to Sahil for supporting my initial phase of blogging.