How would you configure Ekiga Softfone for calling with VOIPStunt and VOIPBuster. These applications are used to call over the Voice over internet protocols (VOIP). The setups of VOIPStunt and VOIPBuster are available for windows. For MAC and Linux users there is a special set of instructions of how to go about this. But I had a trouble following that process . So I am just jotting down the process of configuration in simple terms. Now what is SIP Based Phone – A SIP phone is a hardware-based or software-based SIP user agent, that provides call functions such as dial, answer, reject, hold/unhold, and call transfer.
So in this How to I will take you down to the steps of configuring your Ekiga Softfone so that you can use these VOIPStunt and VOIPBuster services just like you did in windows. Here settings are for VOIPStunt specific. Ekiga for Linux Distro Download
- Before trying to configure Ekiga first you need to register for a VOIPStunt account, by downloading and creating login and getting your username and password.
- Go to Edit >> Accounts in the Ekiga softphone.
- Then add your account details as mentioned below :
- Name : your Account Name
- Registrar : sip.voipstunt.com
- User : your VoipStunt username
- Authentication user : your VoipStunt username
- Password : your VoipStunt password
- Timeout : Leave as it is
4. Now if you go to Edit >> Preferences you will find more ways to customize things your way.
- Stunserver (option) : stun.voipstunt.com
- SIP port (default) : 5060 (no need to change it)
5. Now when you have added you account it will show Registered (authorized) in the status column, next to your account name.
6. Now when you have to call enter the number in the top left field on the main panel and with SIP: removed from front. If all is goes well you will be connected to the dialed number.
If you don’t understand any part of the configuration steps please feel free to ask in comments.