We have many times heard of many optimization theories. Search Engine Optimizers telling their clients that they guarantee #1 ranking for their sites in google and other search engines. Just thought of sharing a link on Google SEO guidelines with you people, of what google thinks about SEO and its best practices.
Google has launched a free PDF guide, which can prevent people from getting duped by such SEO authorities who guarantee them top rankings in google within couple of months. I am not denying that it can’t be done, with good unique content, good enough SEO, marketing this can be achieved over time.
Here are few questions that google suggest you should ask your search engine optimizer to answer before assigning your project:
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe? How do you measure your success?
- What’s your experience in my industry?
- What’s your experience in my country/city?
- What’s your experience developing international sites?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- and more…
With these guidelines, I am sure people can help themselves getting more aware of SEO best practices and saving their money on fake SEO’s